Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chocolate Cake Recipe for Beginners

Chocolate Cake -  only for reference
I really wanted to share this recipe with my readers. I really enjoyed making this chocolate cake last weekend in house of my friend Francisco. I own you the pictures, but my camera was without batteries at the time of the making (I was taking pictures of my son the entire day).

Francisco's wife called me early last week to help her making a cake for Francisco's birthday, that we were going to celebrate over the weekend. My friend Francisco is Venezuelan  and a chef, and he wanted a chocolate cake Venezuelan style. Venezuelan style means for us very soft and moist, the sponge cake from Trinidad is a little bit heavy for what we are use to.

This cake was fantastic, I borrowed the recipe from my mom, she found the recipe I do not where, and the result was fantastic. Even more I can call it the foolproof Chocolate Cake. This is the perfect cake for whom do not have much expericen baking.


CHOCOLATE CAKE (difficulty: NONE)

2-1/4 cup of flour
1-2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cacao (powder)
1-1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1-1/4 cup of water
3/4 cup of butter
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tbsp of butter to grease the molds
2 tbsp of cocoa in powder to cover the molds.
Pre-heat oven at 350 F (180 C)

  1. Prepare two cake molds (6" x 2") with the butter and sprinkler with cacao.  Another way to prepare the molds is grease the molds with butter and line them with wax paper.
  2. Measure carefully all ingredients.
  3. Put all the ingredients together in the mixer's bowl with the exception of the eggs. Do not break the eggs on the bowl's mixer, break them on another bowl and then add to the rest of the ingredients.
  4. Beat the mix for half minute at low velocity; increase the velocity to medium speed and beat the mix for three (3) more minutes.
  5. Pour half of the the mix in each mold.
  6. Bake for 30 minuts or push a skewer in the centre, it should come out clean and the top should feel firm.
  7. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completly.
  8. when the cake is cold, decorate it with buttercream.

See recipe for buttercream here. I did a variation of this buttercream recipe (coffee buttercream, I love tha coffee flavour with chocolate)  adding 2 tsp of instant coffee disolved in 2 tbsp of water.

I hope you enjoy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...