This period for our Hindu community like Christmas for Christians, they meet together with their families and cook a lot of traditional food and wear their traditional clothing.
One of the dishes that I enjoy most from this period are the sweeties, so a have brought a collections of Divali recipes for you to enjoy now and for the rest of the year.
3 lbs flour
1 lb margarine
1 tin condensate milk, evaporated milk or cold water for kneading
1.5 lbs sugar
3 cups water
- Mix all ingredients with cold water or evaporated milk until dough is soft.
- Roll into small pieces then, roll into long shape.
- Fry in hot oil until brown , on low heat.
- For sugar syrup, combine sugar and hot water and stir until it forms thick syrup.
- Pour hot sugar syrup on cooled gulab jamoon until all pieces are coated.