Friday, March 11, 2011

Putting Some Curry in my Shrimp





Last week my mother-in-law who is Trinidadian prepared the most delicious curried shrimp. Her  brother brought her some very good size shrimp, and she prepared them in curry.

I really love shrimp and I am always available to try any new recipe and taste. I soon as she came home with the shrimp I tasted one, and wow!!! heaven...  It was delicious.  But it was too little bit  :( 

I saved some of the curried shrimp to take the picture, my husband eat most of them and I kept the recipe not only for me but for you all. I most say my mother-in-law cooks very well and if I trust someone regarding to local food, she is the person.

I hope you can enjoy this recipe as I enjoyed eating my shrimps...


CURRIED SHRIMP
Serve 8

2 lbs. shrimp (shelled)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 tbsp. green seasoning (click the link for recipe)
2 tbsp. curry powder (or more)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. sal
hot pepper to taste


Method:

  1. Season shrimp wih garlic, onion and green seasoning.
  2. Mix curry powder with 1/4 cup water.
  3. Heat oil and add curry paste and saute for 1 minute.
  4. Add shrimp, salt, hot pepper, and stir to coat shrimp for a minute or two.
  5. Add remaining water and cook on high heat for about 3 minutes. Do not overcoo as shrimp will be tough.
  6. Adjust salt and pepper.

For another great recipe for green seasoning click here. The green seasoning play an important part in the preparation of many Trinidadian dishes... So make enough and keep it in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...