This drink is excellent to drink it after meals like lunch or dinner. In some cold areas in Venezuela the Ponche Crema is drinking hot to keep their body warm.
The Ponche Crema is part of the Venezuelan Christmas menu, it the traditional drink for Christmas, together with the scotch and wine.
I have attached a very old picture with the most well known Ponche Crema brand name in Venezuela, since I have memory I have seen this bottle in my house and in the super market. Ponche Crema is our very own Christmas drink, with alcohol or without (for children), sweet, smooth, just right.
The very first Ponche Crema was create by Eliodoro Gonzalez from Caracas Venezuela in 1900. The patent was given in 1904. It has been a long way from 1900 to the present, and this drink is the most traditional drink in my country and the Complejo Licorero Ponche Crema still today strong than ever and we are very proud of them.
The creator of this drink, Mr. Eliodoro Gonzalez, advice to do not refrigerate the drink, you can keep it in your cabinet, the drinks will not be altered in flavor, color or consistence. So add ice only to the portion that you will drink. Keep the bottle lay dawn and shake it before pouring.
For those who cannot have access to this delicoius drinks, there is a home made version that I would like to shar with you all. I hope you enjoy it.
PONCHE CREMA RECIPE
1 pack of flan creme caramel
1 lt milk.2 egg yolk
1 can condensate milk.
1 cup brandy o rum
- Mix together the milk, egg yolk and the pack of flan creme caramel. Cook at small fire and stir.
- Let it get cool and pass it through a strainer to remove any lump.
- Pour in the blender, add the condensate mil and the liquor.
- The Ponche Crema is ready. Pour it in a bottle and put it in the refrigerator.
Note: TehPonche Crema can last an entire year at room temperature. Serve in a glass with ice.
PONCHE CREMA (EGG-LESS)
1 lt. milk.
2 small packs of flan crame caramel
1 can condesate milk
Ron o brandy to taste
- In a deep pan mix the milk and the 2 packs of flan crame caramel. Stir constantly to the boil.
- Pour the flan crame caramel mix in a bowl and put it in the refrigerator, until get firm and completly cold.
- Put the cold flan crame caramel in the blender, add the condensate milk and rum. Blend it.
- Pour the Ponche Crema in clean bottles and place it in the refrigerator.