This is the recipe given by my Teacher at the Cake Decoration Course Level 1, at UWI Open Campus. the mix is enough to make 12 cup cakes and a 6-in cake, well that it is what I made with this mix. The cake is similar to the Moist Yellow Cake but a little bit more spongy and it is not that sweet. This is a basic cake and you can make variation from this recipe as you wish.
I made this cake for my Petunia Decoration Cake and my cup cake with buttercream frosting. And I sprinkler the frosting with those nice color little candies. I adde to the mix some almods but that is optional Enjoy it!!!
All my friends loved the cup cakes and the frosting. I found that they look so cute!!!
1 lb margarine
2 cups sugar
4-1/2 cups flour
6 tsp baking powder
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Optional: almonds and risings
- Grease and paper -6" cake pan and a set of 12 cupcake pan- with greaseproof paper. Brush with melted margarine or shortening. Sift dry ingredients.
- Measure accurately, have all ingredients at hand before starting to make the cake.
- In a mixing bowl mix the butter with the sugar with the electrical mixer until is soft and light, add sugar gradually and continue creaming until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Whip eggs in another bowl until thick and leave a "ribbon" when beater is drawn across the top.
- Pour at once the eggs into creamed butter and sugar, and fold into creamed butter and sugar, if mixture shown signs of curdling, fold a little flour in.
- Fold flour and milk into mixture alternately, allowing flour to be the last addition.
- For cup cakes, line the cup cake pan, fill the liners 1/2 way. Pre-heat the oven at 400 F, and place the cup cake on the top shelf of the oven. Bake until they are light brown on the sides of the tin. Cake most be just light brown.
- For cake, reduce the oven at 350 F. Place cake on the top shelf of the oven do not allow the cake pan touch the side of the oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, place on a cake cooler, leave for 15 minutes before removing from tins.
|The cup cakes before frosting|
|My beautiful decorated cup cakes with vanilla buttercream|
|The decorated cupcakes from on top|
|Coming out from the oven|
|I add some almods and risins on top before baking|