1 cup or 8 oz. split peas
2 cups water
1 tsp. turmeric powder
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. oil
1/2 tsp. cumin (geera)
- Boil the peas in 2 cups of water until it comes to the boil.
- Add turmeric, 1 clove of garlic and onion: cover, lower heat and cook until peas are tender , add more water if necessary.
- Add salt to taste and beat until mixture become thick and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in small pot; add cumin and remaining garlic and fry until brown.
- Pour in Dhall mixture and stir well.