Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let's Drinks: The Classic Cocktails

I am not a big drinker and I do not like beers, it's the flavour, and the fact that I can get a belly for drinking beers just turn me off. I  may drink one beer when I hang out with my co-worker but for me the real scene,  for after work lime used are the cocktails and mocktails. I can drinks two, three or four of those and really enjoy them.  I ussuelly try different types of cocktails every time I go out.

Here I have brought three recipes from my husdban collection, he is always collecting drinks recipes for his fuctions, here three of my favorites. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

All recipes are for a single dink.



Classic Mojito
Prep time: 5 minutes

Cut a lime into quarters. Using muddler, crush 3 limes wedges, 15 ml sugar syrup and 6 spring fresh mint  in cocktail shaker. Add 45 ml light rum and 1/2 cup ice cubes; shake vigorously. Strain into 320 ml highball glass; top with 150 ml soda water and garnish with remaining lime wedge.

Sugar Syrop: Stir  1 cup (220 gr) caster sugar with 1 cup (250 ml) water in small saucepan, over low heat, until sugar disilves; bring it to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 5 minutes. Removefrom heat; cool to room temperature.



Classic Vodka Martini
Prep time: 5 minutes

Place one or two small rinsed seeded green olives and a dash dry vermouth into chilled 120 ml martini glass, swirl glass to coat in vermouth. Combine 45 ml vodka and 1 cup ice  cubes in cocktail shaker; shake  vigorously, strain into glass.




Classic Cosmopolitan
Prep time: 5 minutes

Combine 1 cup ice cubes, 45 ml vocka, 30 ml cointreau . 20 ml cramberry juice and 10 ml lime juice in cocktail shaker; shake vigorously. Strain into chilled 230 ml martini glass. Garnish with 2 cm of orange rind.







Mojito Cocktail on Foodista

Cosmopolitan Cocktail on Foodista

Martini on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...