Last scotiabank adverstaisement all over Trinidad say, "save money... entertain at home", yes that's is a good idea, but what happen when you like fine dining stuff ...well here I have brought you a fine dining fish recipe with a twist of Caribbean flavour for you.
This recipe is the Angostura Night at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in collaboration between the Port of Spain Hotel and Angostura House.
Baked Whole Red Snapper Stuffed with Angostura 1919 Rum and Raisin Bread Fruit:
1 piece whole red snapper (4 - 6 lb)
120 ml Angostura 1919 rum
4 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste.
1 cup raisin
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 egg whites
2 tbsp celery, chopped
2 tbsp carrots, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp pimentos, chopped
1 tbsp chadon beni, chopped
1,4 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the raisins in the rum the night before.
- Clean the read snapper and take the middle bone out, cutting thought the center
- For the stuffing, peel the breadfruit and cut into cubes. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, pimentos, celery and carrots, saute for few minutes, add the breadfruit and cook till the breadfruit is half cooked. Add soaked raisin, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the red snapper wit the above stuffing, then marinate with 1919 Rum, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed fish on a baking try, wrap with foil and bake at 300 degree F for 30 minutes.
- To serve, place the fish on a platter, garnish with mile wedges and chadon beni.
- Served with baked potatoes and chunky veges.